CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Zachary's Nine Month Checkup


Zachary had his 9 month old checkup yesterday...still can't believe my baby is growing up=) He had his finger pricked and his hemoglobin ended up being 12.2 which the doctor says is very good. Zachary weighed in at 20.2 pounds and is in the 50%. His length is 29 inches and he is in the 75% in both length and head circumference.

Let me preface this next part by saying that I don't believe in the flew shot...I just think it does more harm than good. I didn't want my baby to go through any symptoms that the shot can cause. I just figured that after the doctor said that babies can become very ill if they get the flew virus and could also face hospital time, that I had better have the shot done.
Let me follow that with saiying it is now Wednesday and Zachary hasn't shown any signs of feeling bad or having a fever. It is always better to be safe than sorry. Thank you God for taking care of Zachary thus far with the first shot. I am a very stubborn person but even I can be swayed with the right information. We do have the 2nd dose of the shot in 30 days so I will definitely follow up with the results then.
Happy 9 months Zachary!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a doll. Sounds like he is doing really well. I am glad he didn't have any side effects from the flu shot. I don't like them either, but I think I am going to get one when I take my mom. I am now old and in that catagory --old and young need the shot. I look forward to being with Zachary in Nov. and Dec. Hopefully he will get to know his Nana and Papa.