So...I start having this pain in the right side of my stomach, a pain so bad that it hurt for me to walk, stand up, and carry Zachary. I decided to go to the doctor this past Wednesday to try and find out what was wrong. My OBGYN checked me out and said she wanted me to get blood drawn and a CT Scan to see if that shows anything because she wasn't able to diagnose the problem. Getting blood drawn should be easy, that is if you are hydrated and have eaten, but I had no idea my day was about to get a lot worse. The nurse tried drawing blood from my left arm and poked me 5 times before saying that she wasn't getting anything and she would have to try the other arm. At this point, I am thirsty, starving and feeling like I might lose my left arm. She takes me back to a room because she said I looked very pale, "you just poked me 5 times lady, of course I am pale." Finally blood is drawn from my right arm and I am on my way to get my scan. I forgot to mention that being a stay at home mom, means I am my own daycare center. Everywhere I went I had to take my sweet Zachary, and when I say sweet...I MEAN SWEET. He was a wonderful baby. Ok, so I get to the clinic and get checked in. I am freaking out at this point because nobody knows what's wrong with me. The lady walks out and says, "did they tell you that you would be here for a couple of hours." I said "uh no." She said "well you will need to drink this fluid and you can't eat or drink anything for 2 hours." I was dying at this point from being thirsty and being hungry. Before I had time to digest this, she said, "oh and you won't be able to nurse him for 24 hours, you will have to pump and dump because of the dye we will put into your veins to see what's wrong." My dear sweet husband showed up about 30 minutes later so I wouldn't go through this scary time alone. I waited for what seemed like an eternity and they finally took me back and gave me an IV so they could inject the dye into my veins. After the CT Scan, I waited for the results. The radiologist said that everything seemed to look ok but he would give the CT pictures another look and send the results to my doctor. I was relieved yet still worried because of the pain I was having. Adam and I packed up everything and headed home to wait to hear from the doctor. We stopped at our favorite Barbecue place and I ate like a pig. Going from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. without eating or drinking is very painful. Anyway, we got home and I got a call from my doctor and she said, "well, the blood work is normal and the CT Scan came back normal so this is kind of like a double edge sword, meaning you are in pain and we can't figure out why." I didn't know what to think at this point but here it is Friday and I am still alive so I guess whatever it is will miraculously disappear. I have been given instructions that if the pain isn't gone by Monday, then I will need to come back in. I am praying a lot, so hopefully by God's grace I will heal over the weekend.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment