Let me preface this first story by saying that Adam and I have the same alarm for waking up on our phones. Last night we went to bed at 10 p.m. right after I had fed Zachary. I had set my alarm on my phone to go off at 1 a.m. because Zachary would sleep through the night if I didn't wake him up. Well my alarm went off at 1am and what did I do...just turned it off and rolled back over. I must have been so tired because Adam got up a couple of minutes later thinking it was his 6:45 a.m. alarm to get up. He went and took a shower, shaved, brushed his teeth and kissed me goodbye. When he left the bedroom, I sat up in bed thinking something wasn't right. I looked at my phone and it read 1:45 a.m. I quickly called Adam a to let him know what time it actually was and he said, "oh my gosh, I don't know what I was thinking." Needless to say, he came back to bed and all was peaceful till 6:45 a.m. WRONG!!!
At 3:30am our house alarm started going off. Adam and I were literally frozen. I managed to get off of the bed and turn off the alarm remote that I keep on the nightstand. We had no idea of what or who might have set the alarm off and we were terrified of the unknown. Adam quickly told me to hide in the closet with Zachary and if I heard him scream, call 911. I waited and waited and waited some more and finally Adam came back. I was so happy. You are wondering at this point, what set it off, aren't you? Well it turns out that the french doors that lead into our Study are getting easier for the cats to open. Adam had left his computer and it was putting off a red light. This intrigued the cats and somehow they managed to push the doors open and jump up on the desk where in fact is where the motion sensor was. We have such smart cats and because of their curiosity, Adam and I lost 10 years off of our lives. It turned out that our pet friendly motion sensor was not that pet friendly at all.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Sleepless Night in Anderson
Posted by Price Family at 5:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
welcome to blogger world!
that's an awesome story! it is sooo adam too.
i echo christina by saying "welcome"
This is soooo funny. I can just see this all happening. It is reminiscent of the first night in our home on Wintergreen after the movers left at 4:00 am and the alarm went off. Have
Adam share the story. He and his dad are very similar.
Post a Comment